Been in an accident? Here's what you do:
- Get the name, contact details and insurance details of other drivers involved
- Record the registration number of all other vehicles involved
- Take photographs of the scene
- Get witnesses (take their name, address and contact number)
- Document all damages and injuries
- If the police are at the scene, get the police station address and reference number
- If we haven't called you yet, call us straight away
Accurate accident information
When accidents occur it's tough to determine who's to blame. Your age and inexperience alone can make you seem at fault, even if you're not.
Your telematics smart box will give us accurate data about the:
- Time and place of the incident
- Force of impact
- Direction of travel
- Speed of the vehicle before and after the impact
People's accounts can always be disputed. Data from your telematics smart box can't be, so you won't be automatically blamed.
Learn from your mistakes
You can use data from your telematics smart box to piece together the events leading up to an accident. This will help you learn from your mistakes and become a better driver.